Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Agapanthiini
 Laos: Phelipara (Laophelipara) laosensis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
   
Message:

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

   Insert an Image File

   

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Xavier Posted - 10/07/2024 : 11:39:26

300.12 KB

389.32 KB
15mm, Laos, Luang Prabang Province. Phelipara (Laophelipara) laosensis Breuning, 1964
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xavier Posted - 16/08/2026 : 18:59:56

369.9 KB
16 mm, Thailand, Phrae Province.
It seems to me that this is the same species, with a slightly different pattern on the elytra.
Xavier Posted - 16/08/2026 : 18:49:00
In his description, Breuning writes about P. saigonensis :
- third antennal segment slightly longer than the first (much longer in my specimens)
- the lower lobes of the eyes are slightly shorter than the cheeks (much longer in my specimens).
I therefore do not believe this is P. saigonensis. But I must admit that I too find it difficult to distinguish between several very similar species!
MONO Posted - 16/08/2026 : 13:03:43
This one also looks similar to Phelipara saigonensis Breuning, 1943

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07